Tomato Egg Noodle Soup Recipe - 番茄泡蛋湯
TOMATO EGG NOODLE SOUP,
for extra bursts of flavor
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 1/2 qt chicken stock, vegetable stock, or water
- 2 portions, rice noodles, or flour noodles
- neutral oil (canola, grapeseed etc)
- Cook noodles in water according to package instructions. Divide into two bowls.
- In a pot, heat stock until boiling.
- In a second pot, heat enough oil to cover the bottom of the pot until smoking.
- Add the eggs to the second pot, stirring well with a spatula or chopsticks until just set, about 15 seconds. Flip and cook for an additional 5 seconds so both sides are set but still runny inside.
- Add tomatoes and scallions and mix. Pour boiling hot stock over the mixture. The soup should splatter (be careful!). Bring to a vigorous boil for 10-15 min until soup is emulsified.
- Season liberally with salt, sugar, msg or chicken powder (if using), and white pepper.
- Serve the tomato and egg soup over cooked noodles. Finish with extra scallions and junzi chili oil.
← Older Post